EMNL VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Tuesday 3 June 2008

AGM TUESDAY 29 APRIL 2008

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Tuesday 11 September 2007

Tuesday 5 June 2007

Tuesday 8 May 2007

AGM TUESDAY 10 APRIL 2007

Tuesday 13 March 2007

Tuesday 13 February 2007

Tuesday 16 January 2007

Tuesday 12 December 2006

Tuesday 14 November 2006

Tuesday 10 October 2006

Tuesday 12 September 2006

Tuesday 1 August 2006

Tuesday 27 June 2006

 

 

Back to Top

 

 

EMNL VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1 July 2008 at 7.30 pm

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, D McClaren, D Bowers, G King, L O’Rourke and daughter.

 

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from Gerald.

 

COMMUNITY POLICING

 

Hazel welcomed PC Terry Standbrook (Stan) and his colleague who were attending the meeting at the request of the Committee for the purpose of answering any questions we might have.  Stan explained his role within the Neighbourhood Team, distributed brochures and took notes on recent events within the parish which had caused concern.

 

LIGHTING – EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL

 

Hazel reported that our new electrician had replaced the fluorescent lights in the main hall and also the bulbs in the outside lights.  The charges were thought to be very reasonable and we hoped that he would continue to work with us when necessary.

 

KITCHEN

 

The new microwave was now in use – thanks due to Lynne for organizing this.

 

FOOTBALL

 

David reported that approval had been given at the recent Football AGM.  The season starts with the first match on 30 August and continues through to 6 May 2009.  The usual day for matches to be played is Saturday.  Discussion took place on the need to avoid booking two events on the same day – improved communication needed.

 

Football funds are available and it is hoped to raise more funds for outdoor facilities.  It is hoped to erect a large container in the Playing Field for storage of equipment and temporary changing rooms.  This would be at the Football Teams’s own risk.  An appropriate site was discussed near to the large tree at the eastern end of the pitch.

 

FINANCE

 

Bank Statement – 27 May 2008 - £4224.

 

The insurance bill for £1200 had been paid out of this amount but several items of cash and cheques had been paid in so that the balance of funds in the bank remains approximately the same.

 

 

Continued …

 

HALL BOOKING

 

A request had been received to hold a roller-disco in the hall but the Committee regrettably declined to approve this due to the danger caused by the large windows at the top of the hall and also the uneven surface now appearing in the centre of the hall floor.

 

CAR PARK MAINTENANCE

 

John requested that more branches should be cut from some of the trees in the Car Park, in particular those in front of the Oil Tank, in case an attempt was made to steal the oil from the tank – a local problem apparently.

 

HALL FLOOR

 

Wendy presented a quotation for the renovation of the hall floor.  Two further quotes were forthcoming.  It was generally felt that even with the help of grant funding we could not afford to make the necessary contribution from our own funds at the moment.

 

There being no further time the meeting was closed at 9.15 pm.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

In order for this to be placed in your diaries in good time Hazel and Wendy suggested that this could be held on TUESDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2008. 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

 

EMNL VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3 June at 7.30 pm.

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, D McLaren, C McLaren, G King, G Middleton, L O’Rourke, G Smith.

 

David Bowers attended regarding the progress of the football team.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – John was recovering from illness.

 

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING were read and confirmed.

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

LIGHTING

 

Hazel reported that an electrician had been found who would be prepared to investigate the problem with the two fluorescent lights in the main hall which had been out of order for several months.  It was hoped that problems with the outside lights could be also be solved.

 

KITCHEN

 

A new microwave had been provided.

 

It was also mentioned that the cooker was in a particularly dirty state and that Rene Houghton had kindly spent several hours removing grease and dirt left behind by previous hirers.  This could not be allowed to continue and it was agreed that it was the responsibility of the hirers to leave the kitchen and especially the cooker in a clean and safe condition.

 

Complaints had also been received from the luncheon club that fish had been left behind in the refrigerator and that the smell had been very difficult to remove.  This had meant that the frig was unusable for some considerable time and the contents had to be thrown away.

 

HIRE AGREEMENT

 

Carol submitted an amended form which was circulated around the meeting.  The main purpose of this was to ensure that hirers understood their responsibilities in relation to the disposal  of rubbish after events in the hall.

 

MOBILE POST OFFICE VAN

 

The venue for this had now been changed from the Village Hall car park to Spilsby Road and this was generally felt to be more satisfactory.

 

FOOTBALL

 

David gave a progress report regarding the cutting of the grass and assembly of nets.  He also gave the date of  the approval meeting by the Boston Club and details of various costs involved.

 

 

 

FINANCE

 

In the absence of  John, Hazel reported that there had been very little activity since the last meeting.   It was noted that the paperwork from the final accounts for 2007 had not yet been returned from the Auditor and various queries still remained.   An account for servicing the alarm had been received.  Wendy needed a signed copy of the Accounts to include with the Annual Return for submission to the Charity Commission.

 

 

NO BALL GAMES

 

In response to a request from Glennis a new notice had been purchased to deter ball games in the car park.  This would become necessary with more games taking place in the playing field.

 

COMMUNITY POLICEMAN

 

The Committee felt that a visit from our Community Policeman would be appreciated – Wendy agreed to contact him.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 1 July 2008 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed.

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

 

TUESDAY 29 APRIL 2008 AT 7.30 PM

 

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, J Willcox, W Parsons, C McLaren, D McLaren, D Bowers, F Houghton,

D Howard, L Howard, G King, K Lindsay, L O’Rourke, G Smith, M Wood.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from E Harrison and G Middleton.

 

MINUTES OF LAST AGM were read by the Chairman.  It was proposed by Lynne and seconded by Duncan that they should be accepted as a true record.

 

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

 

Hazel commented on the progress made during the year and thanked members of the committee for their contributions.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT

 

John presented the draft accounts for the year ending 31 December 2007.  A further meeting with the Auditor had been arranged.  A contribution from the Country Fair Committee of £250 would be added to our income for 2008.  A substantial contribution of £3197 had been received from Bingo and 200 Club, despite declining support after Christmas.  Substantial grants had also been received from various funders resulting in the minimum of contributions from Village Hall funds.

 

SECRETARY’S REPORT

 

Wendy highlighted the main projects completed during the year, ie new central heating, new windows, and internal decoration.   Thanks were given to the committee, the youth service and local residents for their part in laundering and re-hanging the curtains.

 

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

 

No further volunteers came forward to stand for office and it was proposed by

D Howard and seconded by L O’Rourke that the present officers should be re-elected en bloc.  This was unanimously agreed.

 

 

DEVELOPMENT PLAN

 

The meeting was asked to decide what was important to achieve in the next twelve months.  Suggestions included car park repairs, guttering on front extension, electrical work, cloakroom hooks, kitchen blinds, microwave and renewal of chairs.  It was agreed that further advice should be obtained concerning the hall floor.

 

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY

 

Policy document discussed – no amendments made.

 

OTHER BUSINESS

 

FOOTBALL – David Bowers was welcomed to our meeting.  He outlined the current situation.  Two teams were planned, one of which included younger members.  Benefits to the local community would include repainting of the goal posts, provision of goal nets and mowing of grass as well as a general improvement in the provision for the youth of this and adjoining local communities.  The Village Hall Committee is aware of our role in providing toilet and changing room facilities until further accommodation is approved.  The project is expected to commence in September this year.

 

BOWLS – Fred reported that a second-hand bowls mat was available and the committee approved the expenditure of £40 required to purchase this.

 

FLY-TIPPING, BALL GAMES AND LEARNER DRIVERS

 

Glennis reported several annoying incidents occurring in the Village Hall car park.  Fly-Tipping was occurring overnight, ball games taking place in the car park prior to football activity in the playing field and irresponsible parents allowing their teenagers to drive round the car park.

 

Discussion took place regarding the erection of a barrier.  It is necessary to report these incidents as soon as possible as the police cannot help unless they have information about all incidents within the parish.  The Secretary undertook to make further efforts to obtain notices and to contact the Community Police Officer for our area.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 3 June 2008 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EMNL VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 11 March 2008 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, D McLaren, C McLaren,

F Houghton, G King, L O'Rourke, G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from E Harrison, G Middleton and

M Wood.

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

The agenda supplied by the Secretary reflected the matters arising from the meeting of

22 January 2008.

 

BINGO ATTENDANCE

 

Gladys reported a slight improvement in attendance although it was noted that last Saturdays Church Bingo had attracted people from a wider area.

 

FOOTBALL

 

Hazel explained that the meeting arranged for 26 February was cancelled due to a clash with a Village Plan Meeting and insufficient members were able to attend.  Lynne agreed to contact David Bowers with a view to arranging a meeting at a later date.

 

FINANCE

 

John reported submitting the accounts to the Auditor.

 

Present balance of bank and cash - £4450.

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

Secretary requested that a letter should be sent to Kath Anderson thanking her for her work with the Youth Club in the past,  for closing the Youth Club Account and transferring the proceeds to the Village Hall account with a request that these funds be used for future youth activities.

 

HALL DECORATION

 

Lynne reported that the internal decoration was mainly finished and enquired about the removal of the tower which was needed for replacement of fluorescent light tubes and further curtain hooks.  Secretary agreed to make enquiries.

 

GUTTERING AND FASCHIA BOARDS

 

This matter is in hand and hopefully the Community Youth Scheme will be able to help with this and some external painting (including the oil tank) when the weather improves.

 

VILLAGE WEBSITE

 

Wendy reported that someVillage Hall information had been transmitted to Steve and that the website could be viewed on www.em-nl@homecall.co.uk.

 

MAINTENANCE

 

Lighting - interior - John and Duncan

               - exterior - John and Duncan

Coat hooks in cloakrooms - Lynne

Kitchen - microwave - check fuse - Dawn

Car Park potholes - Lynne (Youth Service)

 

KEYHOLDERS

 

Wendy submitted list of  keyholders - this was amended.  It was agreed that 12 sets of keys existed and that Hazel would obtain one missing alarm key from Chubb to complete the third set in use by Carol.

 

RECYCLING

 

The suggestion that a refundable deposit of £20 should be requested from hirers was discussed .  Carol thought that this was incompatible with the design of the present hire agreement form and after further discussion a consensus of agreement was not reached.

 

MOBILE POST OFFICE VAN

 

Hazel introduced the subject and discussion took place regarding the suitability of the Village Hall Car Park - it was hoped that this would be temporary site until a more suitable site could  be found.

 

DATE OF AGM - TUESDAY 29 APRIL 2008

 

Duncan was asked to prepare posters and Wendy was asked to ensure that this meeting would be advertised on the Village Website and in the Boston Target.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 9.15 pm.

 

 

 Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 22 January 2008 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall.

 

MEMBERS PRESENT   H Honey, J Willcox, W Parsons, D McLaren, E Harrison,

F Houghton, G King, G Middleton, L O'Rourke, G Smith, M Wood and two guests

David and Daniel Bowers.

 

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING were confirmed as a true record.

 

MEETING  - 20 NOVEMBER 2007  - there were six members present  - the Chairperson thought we were inquorate.  Therefore no minutes were produced and the only issue raised by the Secretary was the lack of attendance of one member of the management committee.  The Secretary apologised for not stating the date of the next meeting in the minutes but had endeavoured to remind everybody of the meeting.

 

PLAQUE  - Gladys returned the plaque from LCC and ELDC and Hazel suggested that £15 should be donated to the skilled tradesman who had completed the wooden frame.

 

BINGO  - A letter had been received from Heather which highlights some problems with attendance at Bingo after the Christmas period.  These were falling numbers, outside competition and the effect of this on the 200 Club.  The Secretary felt that poor heating last year and the absence of curtains during hall decoration had not helped.  Heather agreed to keep the Committee informed.

 

FINANCE

 

Bank -  £6844)
Cash  -   £625)   £7469

 

Secretary raised issue of help for Treasurer in relation to Auditor's letter regarding minor problems of bookeeping.  Secretary agreed to help to ensure that everything was in order prior to submission of the accounts.

 

It was felt that that there was insufficient cash remaining for completion of window replacement and fire doors.

 

FOOTBALL

 

David and Daniel Bowers from Sibsey explained their plans to set up a local football team.  This idea was most favourably received.

 

Details - Costing for squad of 14 - £25 per player for kit

Logo required

Nets - £60 per pair

 

Initial offers of support from Committee members totalling £120.

 

Next Meeting - 26 February 2008 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall.

HALL DECORATION - Lynne ( paint required - Hazel) - Youth Service had done a very good job.

 

WINDOWS - Treasurer felt that there were sufficient funds to increase the order to Reflections - agreed by committee and work progressed accordingly.

 

WEBSITE -  Wendy asked what the committee would like to include on the village website and agreed to feed information to Steve as it became available - eg Who's who on the Village Hall Committee.

 

CURTAINS

 

Dry cleaning too expensive - committee undertook to wash them.

 

CHAIRS

 

Due to large numbers of damaged chairs Hazel agreed to obtain quotations for replacements.

 

VILLAGE PLAN

 

Wendy and Elaine reported on the development of a questionnaire to all residents of the three parishes and a meeting to be arranged during February - date to  be notified.

 

MAINTENANCE MATTERS

 

Ÿ         Gas bottles - new padlock

Ÿ         Guttering - Youth Scheme - Nigel/Simon/Lynne - quotes for materials - Hazel

Ÿ         Men's toilet - Coat hooks, system mizers- John/Duncan

Ÿ         Light bulbs - fluorescent strips - John

Ÿ         Keys - Wendy make a list

Ÿ         Radiators - Wendy reported interference

Ÿ         Car Park - completion of tarmacking - Lynne

Ÿ         Dog Club mats  - storage

Ÿ         Recycling - Duncan (see separate note)

 

RECYCLING

 

Duncan suggested that £20 deposit should be requested - refundable when rubbish was cleared - this idea was favourably received.

 

FUTURE EVENTS  -

 

Two dog club events cancelled - may be replaced  by Car Boot Sales.

Guide Dogs for the Blind  -  Car Boot Sale - Sunday 10 February 2008

 

HALL FLOOR

 

Secretary agreed to pursue the matter.

 

DEVELOPMENT PLA N - No further time - this was referred to the next meeting.

 

NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 11 March 2008 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 9 October 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

MEMBERS PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, D McLaren, C McLaren, G Middleton, E Harrison, G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from G King, L O'Rourke and J Willcox.

 

HIRE CHARGES FOR HALL

 

It was appreciated that a detailed letter had been received from the PCC outlining the amount of funds needed to maintain the local churches and how these funds were generated mainly by the support of parishioners.  Two dances had recently been held and it was felt that the committee would be prepared to look at hall charges again in the future bearing in mind that our overall scale of charges had not been increased for several years and overheads were increasing year by year.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

The work was now complete and we are confident that temperatures in the hall will be more than adequate for the coming winter.  The contractor had been paid by the main funders and was awaiting the cheque from our Treasurer.

 

WINDOW REPLACEMENT

 

A second quotation had been received from Reflections and it was agreed that the urgent replacement of the large window and two smaller windows could be completed by using the grant funding outlined by Victoria Ayling - confirmation awaited.

 

FINANCE

Bank               £5553.70       )

Cash                    £879.00    )    £6432.70 (Less Central Heating £1610.54 = £4822.16)

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

A letter had been received from Kath Anderson as custodian of the youth club funds stating that £659.40 would shortly be paid into the Village Hall Account, requesting that these funds should be used to assist the Youth Club to restart at any time in the future.  In the absence of the Treasurer Hazel informed the meeting that funds were still owed  by the Youth Club to the Village Hall and when the amount was known this would be deducted from the above amount.  Treasurer to inform next meeting.

 

VILLAGE PLAN

 

Wendy had attended the first meeting on 24/09/07 and reported that the temporary committee, which Eric had kindly offered to chair and act as secretary, was arranging for a Village Meeting to be held on Monday 12 November at 7.30 pm.  - letter and notices forthcoming.

 

PUBLICITY EVENT - CENTRAL HEATING

 

It was agreed to hold this event on Monday 19 November at 7.30 pmCommittee to agree list of invitations and media coverage including a Press Release.

 

PLAY DAY

 

Carol reported that she had received a booking on behalf of ELDC for holding  a 'Play Day' during the half term holiday - on Monday 22 October 2007 between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm, in association with the local school.  Insurance documentation was required.

 

DECORATION OF HALL

 

Awaiting information from Lynne who was unavailable due to a bereavement.

 

POST OFFICE CLOSURE

 

Glennis was distributing petitions for signing and together with Hazel was organizing media coverage.  Wendy was asked to reply to the Post Office document concerning consultation.  A  village meeting was arranged for Wednesday 24 October 2007 at 12 noon in the Village Hall to further express our dissatisfaction to the media.

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 9 October 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

MEMBERS PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, D McLaren, C McLaren, G Middleton, E Harrison, G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from G King, L O'Rourke and J Willcox.

 

HIRE CHARGES FOR HALL

 

It was appreciated that a detailed letter had been received from the PCC outlining the amount of funds needed to maintain the local churches and how these funds were generated mainly by the support of parishioners.  Two dances had recently been held and it was felt that the committee would be prepared to look at hall charges again in the future bearing in mind that our overall scale of charges had not been increased for several years and overheads were increasing year by year.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

The work was now complete and we are confident that temperatures in the hall will be more than adequate for the coming winter.  The contractor had been paid by the main funders and was awaiting the cheque from our Treasurer.

 

WINDOW REPLACEMENT

 

A second quotation had been received from Reflections and it was agreed that the urgent replacement of the large window and two smaller windows could be completed by using the grant funding outlined by Victoria Ayling - confirmation awaited.

 

FINANCE

Bank               £5553.70       )

Cash                    £879.00    )    £6432.70 (Less Central Heating £1610.54 = £4822.16)

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

A letter had been received from Kath Anderson as custodian of the youth club funds stating that £659.40 would shortly be paid into the Village Hall Account, requesting that these funds should be used to assist the Youth Club to restart at any time in the future.  In the absence of the Treasurer Hazel informed the meeting that funds were still owed  by the Youth Club to the Village Hall and when the amount was known this would be deducted from the above amount.  Treasurer to inform next meeting.

 

VILLAGE PLAN

 

Wendy had attended the first meeting on 24/09/07 and reported that the temporary committee, which Eric had kindly offered to chair and act as secretary, was arranging for a Village Meeting to be held on Monday 12 November at 7.30 pm.  - letter and notices forthcoming.

 

PUBLICITY EVENT - CENTRAL HEATING

 

It was agreed to hold this event on Monday 19 November at 7.30 pmCommittee to agree list of invitations and media coverage including a Press Release.

 

PLAY DAY

 

Carol reported that she had received a booking on behalf of ELDC for holding  a 'Play Day' during the half term holiday - on Monday 22 October 2007 between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm, in association with the local school.  Insurance documentation was required.

 

DECORATION OF HALL

 

Awaiting information from Lynne who was unavailable due to a bereavement.

 

POST OFFICE CLOSURE

 

Glennis was distributing petitions for signing and together with Hazel was organizing media coverage.  Wendy was asked to reply to the Post Office document concerning consultation.  A  village meeting was arranged for Wednesday 24 October 2007 at 12 noon in the Village Hall to further express our dissatisfaction to the media.

 

CHAIRS FOR HALL

 

Fred had reported more broken chairs being taken out of the hall for safety reasons.  Hazel had acquired a brochure containing similar chairs and undertook to obtain a quotation.

 

MEN'S TOILET

 

Wendy explained the verbal information given to her by the plumber and also to Duncan regarding action to be taken, including regular use of drain cleaner.  Duncan agreed to oversee this procedure on Monday next and to establish what further action might be necessary, if any, to avoid the flooding which has been ongoing for some time.  This is essential for health and safety reasons.

 

NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 20 November 2008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the committee meeting held on Tuesday 11 September 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, D McLaren, C McLaren, E Harrison,

G King, G Middleton, S Newstead, L O'Rourke, G Smith, M Woods.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from J Willcox.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

A second special meeting was held on 24 July 2007 to discuss the implications of signing the contract between ourselves and Wren.  

 

The heating engineers started work yesterday (Monday 10 September) as planned.  Unfortunately the bowls meeting had to be cancelled but most evening functions were expected to run as usual.

 

FLOODING OF CAR PARK

 

Glennis expressed concern that flood water from the car park had extended onto her garden (photos supplied).  The committee felt that this was a very unusual event and that many people had suffered very serious consequences from the excessive amount of rainfall.  It was felt therefore that for the time being no action could be taken.

 

HIRE CHARGES FOR HALL

 

Discussion took place regarding the amended list of charges and Steve outlined the difficulties of making any profit until more people attended the functions.  It was thought that consideration could be given to events where no profit was being made.

 

YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SCHEME

 

Over a period of time Lynne has informed the committee that improvements could be made to the playing fields through the above scheme and that possibly this could be extended to the village hall.  It was reported that negotiations were still taking place.

 

VILLAGE PLAN

 

Hazel reported the involvement of the Parish Council in the new initiative 'The Village Plan'.  Funding is available for this and the first meeting is to be held on Monday 24 September 2007 at Aladdin's Cave  for anyone interested in attending.

 

NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 9 October 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.50 pm.

 

 

 

SPECIAL MEETING OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE HELD ON TUESDAY 24 JULY 2007 AT 7.30  PM TO CLARIFY IMPLICATIONS OF SIGNING THE CONTRACT BETWEEN OURSELVES AND WREN IN RELATION TO THE CENTRAL HEATING PROJECT.

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

H Honey, C McLaren, D McLaren,  W Parsons, J Willcox and one representative from the main committee.

 

MATTERS DISCUSSED

 

Ÿ         Terms of contract - signature by Hazel

 

Ÿ         Starting date of project - Monday 10 September 2007

 

Ÿ         Possible cancellation of some hall bookings during project (Duncan notice)

 

Ÿ         Consensus of agreement by Management Committee on progress of project and request by Vice Chair and Treasurer to discuss project with heating engineer (Wendy to arrange).

 

Ÿ         Confirmation of Third Party Funding from Lincolnshire County Council.

 

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.45 pm.

 

 

 

Signed ___________________

             Chairperson

 

 

 

 

 

 

SPECIAL MEETING OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE HELD ON THURSDAY 28 JUNE 2007 AT 2.00 PM TO DISCUSS LETTER RECEIVED FROM WREN REGARDING OFFER OF FUNDING FOR CENTRAL HEATING PROJECT AND NECESSARY FURTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED PRIOR TO ISSUE OF CONTRACT.

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

Chairperson - H Honey,  Secretary - W Parsons, Treasurer - J Willcox, Vice Chairman - D McLaren and Bookings Clerk - C McClaren.

 

CONTRACT SIGNATURE

 

Although the committee felt collective responsibility for this project it was agreed that the Chairperson should sign the contract.

 

VILLAGE HALL FUNDS

 

It was unanimously agreed that up to £3000 from our own funds would be contributed towards this project.

 

THIRD PARTY FUNDING

 

Secretary reported having telephoned Paula Hill at Lincolnshire County Council and was informed that LCC would most likely be able to help in this matter if further information could be provided concerning the project.  Secretary agreed to provide all available information to LCC as soon as possible including a copy of our grant application to Wren and copies of confirmation of funding from all parties concerned, ie Leap, Wren and Eastville Village Hall (including a current bank statement and copy of annual accounts).  As soon as LCC confirm that they have all the necessary information it is hoped that  the matter of third party funding will be resolved.

 

OTHER BUSINESS

 

Informal discussion took place regarding hall bookings and current charges - these matters will be raised at the next Committee Meeting  on 3 July 2007.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 4.00 pm..

 

 

 

Signature _______________________

                   Chairperson                                                        

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the committee meeting held on Tuesday 5 June 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, D McLaren, C McLaren, L Howard, G Middleton,

L O'Rourke, G Smith.

 

RECYCLING

 

Hazel reported that we were unable to have a large re-cycling bin from ELDC and that we would need to contact a private concern.

 

ACCOUNTS

 

Lloyds Bank £6357

Cash £180

 

John had been unable to clarify with the auditor queries raised in the minutes of 8 May 2007 and promised to do so before the next meeting.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Awaiting decision of Wren Board on 19 June 2007.

 

QUOTATION FOR WINDOWS

 

Reflections of Spilsby quoted £1350 to replace the large window in the main hall with toughened glass.  Further quotations needed for the purpose of obtaining grants.  (JW)

 

KEYS

 

Youth Club keys still missing and also the John Jackson Trophy.  For reasons of security and insurance the Secretary agreed to make a further attempt to communicate with youth club organizers.

 

MEN'S TOILETS

 

Duncan reported that a small problem remained.  It was suggested that this might be resolved when and if the central heating was installed.

 

TREES IN CAR PARK

 

Hazel awaiting notification of meeting date with Central Networks.

 

 

GENERAL MAINTENANCE

 

The trolley had been mended and the fluorescent light in the ceiling replaced - thanks to Hazel and John for arranging this.

 

LINE DANCING

 

This was suggested by Lorraine who agreed to find out further information including arrangements for a teacher.  This suggestion was appreciated as we are expected to extend the range of activities we offer and new ideas are always welcome.

 

CAR PARK

 

Glennis reported that recycling of glass was sometimes taking place during unsociable hours and requested that ELDC might be able to specify times when recycling should be avoided.

 

The driver of a Vauxhall Corsa had been witnessed committing an anti-social act in the car park and it was felt that ASBO should be notified since his car number had been recorded by the witness.

 

CAR BOOT SALES

 

A request had been received concerning the cost of hiring the hall and playing field for car boot sales.  It was felt that the guidelines restricted this activity to one sale per month.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 3 July 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

 

(It is hoped to include a brief visit by Age Concern at this meeting so please consider what questions you might like to ask.)

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the committee meeting held on Tuesday 8 May 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

MEMBERS PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, C McLaren, D McLaren, N Davis, M Greenfield,

L Howard, G King, G Middleton, L O'Rourke, G Smith.  There were no apologies for absence.

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

RECYCLING

 

Hazel expressed thanks to Gerald and John for taking large amounts of rubbish to the recycling bank at Skegness.   For the next dog club event in the playing field a large green container will be provided.

 

ACCOUNTS

 

John presented the audited accounts and queries were raised concerning several items of expenditure -

 

Ÿ         An explanation of the meaning of 'rates'

Ÿ         Request for 'heating' and 'lighting' to be identified separately

Ÿ         Explanation of 'bingo expenses' in relation to 'bingo income (net of expenses)

 

John agreed to contact the auditor for clarification in time for the next meeting.

 

Lloyds Bank £5857

Cash  £510

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Wendy informed the meeting of progress with the WREN funding application.  Two important dates are -

 

29 May 2007 - Lincs Advisory Panel view the application

19 June 2007 - Directors of WREN decide whether to release funds

 

Duncan and John had approached some local firms for additional help with funding but no replies had yet been received.  Hazel and Bob, on behalf of Haborns, are donating £50 and John, on behalf of the Wheatsheaf, is donating £100.

 

LCC GRANTS

 

Following an article in the 'County News' in which LCC outlined their community grants for 2007/8 the Secretary suggested that an early application should be made due to the need for urgent maintenance such as renewal of windows and internal and external decoration.

 

It was agreed that quotations should be obtained concerning the windows.  Lynne suggested Reflections at Spilsby and Mr Cotts was also mentioned.  John and Duncan agreed to obtain quotes.

 

KEYS

 

The Youth Club leader had not yet returned a set of keys and it was agreed that further attempts should be made to retrieve them.

 

LOCAL ELECTIONS

 

Carol was asked to write to ELDC regarding ballot cards being discarded in the village hall waste bins.

 

POST BOX

 

Wendy raised the issue of the post box concerning the broken door, the absence of keys and the fact that mail sometimes was found on the ground in the car park.

 

TROLLEY

 

Gladys enquired about the missing trolley used by the Bowls Club and other groups. Hazel reported that it was being repaired with some difficulty.

 

AGE CONCERN

 

Glennis reported that Age Concern might be able to help in various ways and Wendy agreed to contact them.

 

INSURANCE

 

Neville questioned whether users of the hall are covered by our insurance policy and members of the committee explained that mostly hirers needed to have their own cover.

 

FLUORESCENT LIGHTING - MAIN HALL

 

John knew of someone who might be willing to investigate this.

 

MEN'S TOILET

 

As Wendy had been unable to contact the plumber Neville suggested that he would be prepared to visit the site as a matter of urgency with a view to solving the problem.

 

HIRE CHARGES

 

Following a discrepancy in a recent booking made by the local churches it was agreed that Carol should send a letter to explain our policy for future events and the Committee agreed to review the list.

NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 5 June 2007 at 7.30 pm.

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL

 

Back to Top

 

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

 

TUESDAY 10 APRIL 2007 AT 7.30 PM

 

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, C McLaren, W Hodgson, L Howard, D Lovell,

D McLaren, L O'Rourke, M Wood, F Bull, A Scott, G Smith, S Wilkinson.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from G Middleton.

 

MINUTES OF LAST AGM were read by the Chairman.  It was proposed by Duncan and seconded by Lorraine that the minutes should be accepted as a true record.

 

CHAIRMAN'S REPORT

 

Hazel reported that several problems had arisen since the arrival of three new recycling bins and she undertook to complain to East Lindsey District Council.  In the meantime temporary arrangements were made to ensure that bins were placed at the front of the hall on appropriate Wednesdays.

 

TREASURER'S REPORT

 

John reported that there was £5941.91 in Lloyds Bank and that cash in hand and cheques totalled £425.  The final accounts were not yet available and it was hoped to distribute them with the minutes of the AGM.

 

SECRETARY'S REPORT

 

Secretary reported a busy year mainly due to making applications for grants for a new central heating system.  This included attending funding events, liaising with contractors who had submitted quotations and working with ELDC, Lincolnshire County Council, Awards for All, LEAP and WRENN.  A grant for £3000 had been obtained from LEAP (Lincolnshire Economic Action Partnership).  The Committee agreed to allocate £3000 of its funds towards this project and a final application to WRENN was hoped to raise £3,000-£4,000 to bridge the gap.  John and Duncan agreed to approach local firms like Grants and Folds Hill  for further contributions.   The Duke of Wellington and the Wheatsheaf  public houses were also mentioned.

 

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

                                                                        Proposer                  Seconder

Chairman                   H Honey                     L Howard                   L O'Rourke

Treasurer                   J Willcox                     D McClaren               L O'Rourke

Secretary                   W Parsons                 L O'Rourke                 L Howard

Vice-Chairman          D McLaren                 J Willcox                     L  Howard

Booking Clerk                       C McLaren                 W Parsons                 H Honey

 

Dennis resigned from the Committee due to increased inability to hear all the proceedings.  Bill also informed the meeting that he was retiring this year but that he remains Chairman of the Fenland Dance Club.  Bill will retain his keys and it was agreed to continue to send minutes to him.  Hazel proposed a vote of thanks for past contributions to the Village Hall Committee.

 

Glennis Smith who has attended most of our meetings over a long period of time was co-opted on to the Committee.

 

OTHER BUSINESS

 

Wendy was asked to write a letter to Trevor at the Duke of Wellington thanking him for erecting a new curtain rail in the main hall.

 

EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY

 

Copies were circulated and discussion took place - no amendments were made.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Items to be raised at the next ordinary meeting include -

 

Updating list of keyholders

Plumbing in men's toilet

Replacement of light tubes in ceiling of main hall.

 

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 8 May 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed.

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE, AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 13 March 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, C McLaren, G. King, D Lovell, D McLaren,

G Middleton, D Mitchell, L ORourke, G Smith.

 

CAR PARK SIGN - NO BALL GAMES

 

The Committee thanked Dennis and Glennis for donating the new notice.

 

ELDC ELECTIONS

 

These are to be held in the Committee room of the hall on 3 May.

 

FINANCE

 

Lloyds Bank £6237.02

Cash and cheques £244

 

KITCHEN CUPBOARD LOCKS

 

No further progress.

 

OVERHANGING TREES

 

Since the last meeting a further contractor had declined the job.  Hazel had contacted Central Networks who pay the village hall a small amount of rent for siting their telegraph pole on our land.  They are thought to have visited the site and we are awaiting confirmation that they will remove the offending branches.  Lynne still has another contact  for this if necessary.

 

CURTAIN RAIL

 

Dawn reported that materials had been purchased and that repairs would go ahead very shortly.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Secretary reported progress with applications.  WRENN is due for submission by the end of March and letters of support from users are required.  The outcome of our application to LEAP should be known early in April.

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

Dawn agreed to investigate the situation as it is not yet known whether the Youth Club will re-start in the near future as no reply had been received to the  Secretarys letter.

 

KEYS

 

Concern was voiced regarding the availability and allocation of keys and the Secretary needed to update the key holders list.

 

KITCHEN CROCKERY

 

A further notice was required in the kitchen regarding the use of crockery.

 

AGM

 

Thanks were expressed to Duncan for preparing and displaying AGM notices.  Wendy agreed to place an advert in the Boston Standard through our local correspondent at the Post Office.

 

COUNTRY FAIR

 

Lynne reminded the meeting that more help was needed on the day and several members volunteered.

 

RECYCLING

 

Discussion took place regarding the arrival of three new recycling bins and the implications of this for the future.  Hazel agreed to investigate this.  Wendy expressed the opinion that we all need to discourage the dumping of anything, including batteries, in our car park.  Passing motorists do not seem to realise that we only recycle glass now and hall users produce too much rubbish for the new bins.

 

CHERRY TREE

 

Glennis was given permission to prune the cherry tree overhanging her garden.

 

ELDC NO SMOKING NOTICES

 

This instruction will need to be enforced from the 1 July this year.

 

TOILETS

 

For some time  now we have sought to solve these problems.  Our first contact has not appeared to assess the job.  Calum Pearce who also tendered for the central heating contract agreed to renew a tap in the ladies toilet and to investigate flushing problems in the mens toiletPayment of the invoice was delayed until the work had been approved.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

AGM  - Tuesday 10 April - please make a special effort to attend.

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 13 February 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, W Parsons, J Willcox, C McLaren, G King, B Lindsay, K Lindsay, D Lovell,

D McLaren, G Middleton, D Mitchell, L ORourke, G Smith, M Wood.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from W. Hodgson.

 

ASBO

 

Although most members thought that money should be available for our notice no further progress had been made.  Dennis said that if the committee would not fund this he would pay for it himself.

 

FINANCE

 

Lloyds Bank £6353

Cash in hand £600.

 

Discussion took place regarding the Bingo licence and the due date for the hall insurance which was believed to be in June.

 

KITCHEN

 

Cupboard locks  - Hazel said she would investigate this further.

 

OVERHANGING TREES

 

Two contractors has been approached - one had not replied and the other was too expensive.   Dennis agreed to approach another contractor and stated that he would oversee the work.

 

HALL CHAIRS

 

Dawn and Gladys reported that some chairs were unsafe and should  be removed and requested that the situation should be monitored to ensure that sufficient safe seating was available in the future.

 

CAR PARK LIGHTING

 

John and Duncan agreed  to check the outside lights and renew bulbs.  Lynne knew of an electrician if other problems were found.

 

 

 

                                                                                                            continued

CURTAINS

 

One of the long curtains in the main hall, together with the curtain rail, had fallen down and Dawn knew of someone who would renew the rail and re-hang the curtain.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Secretary reported difficulties with obtaining funding.  Awards for All had rejected our application on the basis of insufficient funds available.   An application to LEAP had just been submitted and those to Lincolnshire County Council and WRENN were still in progress.  LCC informed members attending the meeting at Mareham-le-Fen  that they had limited funds available for the whole county but estimated that some funds might be available even if the total amount requested was not awarded.   LCC require our development plan and evidence of consultation with inhabitants of the three parishes.  The approval of the Parish Council had been sought together with a request for a small donation.

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

A notice had been displayed on the front door of the village hall stating that the Youth Club would be closed until further notice.  Secretary  was asked to contact the organiser regarding possible future bookings by the club on Monday evenings as the demand for evening bookings was considerable.

 

COUNTRY FAIR

 

Lynne reported that the Country Fair Committee had had their second meeting and were looking for further volunteers to help on the day.

 

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

 

Members were reminded that the date had been agreed as 10 April 2007.  Hazel suggested that the central heating system should be included on the agenda and the Committee agreed to extend the publicity for this meeting as far as possible to encourage more people to attend and express their views.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 13 March 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 16 January 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, W  Parsons, J Willcox, D Lovell,  D McLaren, G Middleton, L ORourke,

G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Lorraine, Ken, Barbara, Carol and Dawn.

 

ASBO

 

It was suggested that the Secretary should write to the ASBO Co-ordinator thanking him for the notice he had supplied but also stating that what was actually required was a notice stating  No Ball Games.

 

FINANCE

 

Lloyds Bank £6353

 

USE OF KITCHEN

 

Hazel had investigated the possibility of fitting drawer locks to certain cupboards in the kitchen and had established that this was not feasible.  The Committee felt that some other way would have to be found to keep important items safe.

 

OVERHANGING TREES

 

The Council was not helpful in this matter and another contractor had to be found.  Hazel offered to seek advice from Julia Pears.   Oak Tree Services was also mentioned.

 

SEATING IN THE HALL

 

Stickney Village Hall was offering chairs for sale at £1 each.  The Committee felt that there were sufficient chairs in the hall at present.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 13 February 2007 at 7.30 pm.

 

Discussion also took place concerning a further meeting on 13 March 2007 followed by the AGM on 10 April 2007.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed.

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 12 December 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT

 

W Parsons, L Howard, W Hodgson, F Houghton, G King, B Lindsey, K Lindsey, D Lovell, D McLaren, D Mitchell, L ORourke, G Smith, M Wood.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from Hazel Honey, Graham Francis, Carol McLaren and John Willcox.

 

In the absence of the Chairman and Vice Chairman the Secretary took the chair.

 

ASBO

 

Secretary had received a notice from Chris Avis which needed to be suitably displayed.  It seems that this may well be the only help we shall get.  Discussion took place about appropriate methods of displaying this on the exterior of the building.

 

GRANT APPLICATION

 

The application to Awards For All had been submitted electronically and was awaiting approval which would take between six and eight weeks.  Lincolnshire County Council had acknowledged the first stage of their application.  Further applications to LEAP and WREN were in progress.

 

An emergency situation had arisen with the heating system in the hall when a problem with the fire valve and oil  occurred.  This was detected by Martin Moses who attended promptly and resolved the problem.  He had been asked to submit an account for the work.  This had been received by the committee - the amount being £279.75.  Payment for this was approved .  Unfortunately this repair could not now be included in our application for a grant as money will not be funded for any work already completed.

 

FINANCE

 

In the absence of the Treasurer Lorraine presented the following figures -

 

Lloyds  £5782.56

Cash £600

 

USE OF KITCHEN

 

Concern was expressed by Gladys regarding the drawer locks.  This matter would be referred to Hazel who had spoken to the carpenter regarding this matter.  The microwave had also ceased to function and a replacement was urgently needed as the 200 Club Christmas Party being held in three days time.

 

 

CLEANING CONTRACT

 

The meeting agreed to award £25 Christmas Bonus to Tracy and Lorraine agreed to organize this with John.

 

FRONT DOOR KEYS

 

Lynne had obtained four new keys which had been allocated by Hazel.  Secretary noted that the keyholders list needed updating.

 

CAR PARK - OVERHANGING TREES

 

Lynne agreed to feed back contractorsquotations for resolving this problem at the next meeting.

 

TUESDAY BINGO

 

The Committee expressed regret that this group was not able to continue and speculated whether help could be given in certain areas, for example book-keeping, to encourage the group to re-form.

 

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

 

A vote of thanks was proposed to Dawn and all her helpers for managing to decorate the hall.  It was much appreciated by everyone.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 16 January 2007.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.15 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 14 November 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, J Willcox, W Parsons, C McLaren, G Francis, F Houghton, L Howard,

D McLaren, G Middleton, L ORourke, G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from Dawn.

 

ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

 

After three phone calls to Chris Avis no progress had been made, although he undertook to speak to a higher authority regarding the notice for the car park.  Glennis also informed him of disturbance in the car park early on several Sunday mornings when a car was heard to be driving round the car park at speed.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Wendy reported that an application for a grant from ELDC had been submitted and that another application to Awards For All was in progress (allow eight weeks for processing).  It was obvious that work could not start before the new year.  A preview form had also been submitted to Lincolnshire County Council but under their Community grants scheme applications would not be considered until the end of March 2007 and would include an amount contributed by ELDC and would not be additional to the ELDC grant.

 

FINANCES

 

John presented the following figures -

 

Lloyds £5589

Cash £700 plus £60 profit from the Karaoke.

 

KARAOKE

 

The general feeling was of disappointment due to lack of support although several members of the committee attended.  Hazel thanked Lorraine and Derek on behalf of the Committee for their efforts in organizing this event and also thanked John for providing the licensed bar.

 

USE OF KITCHEN

 

New kettles were now available and also the notice provided by Duncan regarding cleanliness of kitchen utensils.  Hazel had arranged for the movement of a cupboard and John said protection was still needed from the lower edge of the cupboard.

  

 

 

YOUTH CLUB

 

Graham responded to our request for information regarding dates of Youth Club bookings and presented booking fees to John for the period up to 3 July.  Discussion took place regarding the need for a bank account and Graham agreed to report to the next meeting.

 

CLEANING CONTRACT

 

Tracy had been approached by Hazel regarding the possibility of extra hours.  Although Tracy could not undertake this herself she thought that a colleague might be interested.  The Committee appreciated  the fact that Tracy was working flexible (and sometimes unsociable) hours and expressed a wish to award her a Christmas bonus.

 

KEYS FOR MAIN ENTRANCE

 

Lynne agreed to get four more keys cut and discussion took place regarding a better place for them to be positioned, eg in a kitchen cupboard just inside the kitchen door.

 

SUNDRIES

 

Glennis reported that her electricity supply had been cut off due to an overhanging branch in the car park.  John agreed to visit the site on Wednesday afternoon to decide on further action.

 

It was reported that rubbish (including tall weeds and other items) in the field on the opposite side of Station Road, next to Orchard House,  was unacceptable and the committee agreed to notify the Parish Council representative.

 

It was reported that Tuesday Bingo sessions were not now operating. 

 

Some new Christmas decorations were needed for the hall this year and Lynne and Hazel agreed to make enquiries from various outlets  with a view to buying some more.  Dawn and helpers were hoping to decorate the hall in early December.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 12 December 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.30 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, MIDVILLE AND NEW LEAKE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 10 October 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, J Wilcox, W Parsons, C McClaren, E Harrison, W Hodgson, F Houghton,        L Howard, G King,  D Lovell, D McClaren, G Middleton, D Mitchell, L ORourke, G Smith.

 

There were no apologies for absence. The Secretary was asked to write to Graham to see if he was still interested in the position of Vice Chairman.

 

ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

 

Wendy was asked to send a letter to the ASBO Co-ordinator concerning various solutions to the Car Park problems which had been discussed  but had not yet been implemented.

 

RAILWAY PICTURE

 

Funding  of £30 was approved for the display case and John and Duncan agreed to organise positioning of the picture on the wall in the Main Hall.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Two quotations had been received for renewal of the boiler, pump and pipework, based on the recommendations of Martin Moses and AT Plumbing.  Members of the meeting requested two further quotations from the plumbers to include installation of all new radiators as all parts of the system were 30 years old and it would be false economy to have to renew these in the near future.

 

FINANCES

 

The closing of the Alliance and Leicester account was now overdue and the Secretary undertook to deal with this matter,

 

John presented the following figures -

 

Lloyds £5235

Cash £850 (approx)

 

HALL BOOKINGS

 

Wendy was asked to clarify Youth Club bookings  as the Harvest Supper was taking place and Carol needed  to know when the Youth Club required the hall to avoid double booking.

 

 

 

HALLOWEEN KARAOKE

 

A new date had been agreed for this event - Saturday 11 November 2006.  John had agreed to organise the licensed bar and it was agreed that under sixteens must be accompanied by an adult

 

USE OF KITCHEN

 

Dawn requested that all users of kitchen utensils should please make sure that they are left clean.  Two kettles needed replacing and a cupboard needed moving.  A venetian blind in the kitchen was broken and Hazel agreed to assist  with solutions to these problems.

 

CHRISTMAS PARTY

 

Dawn reported that the grand sum of £600 had been raised from the Car Boot Sale and that there was no need this year for money to be donated from Village Hall Funds for the Christmas Party.

 

CLEANING CONTRACT

 

Hazel and Lynne undertook to discuss Tracys present contract to see if she would like extra time to complete special tasks like spring cleaning.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 14 November 2006 at 7.30 pm

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.45 pm.

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, NEW LEAKE AND MIDVILLE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 12 September 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, L Howard, C McLaren, E Harrison, D Lovell,

 D McLaren, L ORourke, M Wood, F Houghton, G King, D Mitchell, G Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were  received from the Treasurer, John Willcox.

 

ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

 

As Chris Avis, the area ASBO Officer had agreed to attend our meeting we made this our first item for discussion.  Glenys outlined recent and past problems occurring in the Village Hall car park and Chris offered some solutions.  A notice would be displayed to deter youngsters from using the Car Park as a sports facility.  Anti-vandal paint could be used to prevent access to the roof.   Playing field provision was discussed mainly relating to the lack of available funds and facilities.  A new scheme called Fairplay Football seemed helpful.  Lorraine suggested that the use of a dummy surveillance camera might be a deterrent.

 

RAILWAY PICTURE

 

Gladys attended the meeting and it was unanimously agreed that her picture should be displayed in the hall in a display case which would be funded by the Village Hall.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

Hazel reported that she was meeting the plumber, Martin Moses, at the hall on the following day and that one further quotation was being obtained.

 

FINANCES

 

In the absence of John, Lorraine presented the following figures -

 

Lloyds Bank £3921

Cash  £650

 

Hazel mentioned that further funds had also been received, ie £100 cash, a cheque for £ll8 and Lynne mentioned a further £800 from the Country Fair.

 

HIRE CHARGES FOR HALL

 

Heather had submitted details of how the bingo sessions accounts are kept and this was accepted by members.

 

Hazel agreed to see Graham with regard to the Youth Club meetings.

 

 

 

HALLOWEEN KARAOKE

 

Friday 27 October was chosen as the nearest available date to Halloween.  This was to be organised as discussed in a previous meeting and Lorraine agreed to see John  regarding the provision of a licensed bar.  Duncan undertook to design a sample ticket for Hazel to reproduce and it was agreed to advertise the event locally.

 

USE OF KITCHEN

 

It was reported that table cloths and table protectors had been found to be missing and that two drawer locks were needed.  Dawn reported that the kitchen equipment was owned by the luncheon club.

 

CHRISTMAS PARTY

 

Dawn explained that this event is funded partly by the Village Hall and partly by the bingo organisers.  It was proposed to hold a Car Boot Sale in the morning and a Bingo session in the same afternoon during October.  A booking fee would not be required and the secretary reminded the meeting of the large donations received from the main Bingo group.

 

CRANBERRY COMPOST

 

Hazel reported that the Appeals Meetings would be held in the Village Hall on 7-9 November and reminded the meeting that anyone wishing to speak at these meetings would need to give appropriate notice.

 

EXIT RAMP

 

Wendy had received a reply to our letter to Mr Skinner in which he stated his case for demanding full payment.for his final alterations to the ramp.  The majority of members could not agree to this and asked Wendy to inform Mr Skinner of the outcome of our meeting.

 

OTHER BUSINESS

 

The treasurer had submitted an invoice for £69.33 owing to Mr Taylor for servicing the boiler.   This was approved.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday 10 October 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

There being no further business the meeting was closed  at 9.00 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, NEW LEAKE AND MIDVILLE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 1 August 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

PRESENT  H Honey, W Parsons, E Harrison, W Hodgson, L Howard, B Lindsay,

 K Lindsay, D Lovell, C McLaren, D McLaren, G Middleton, L ORourke, Mrs Smith.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  were received from John Willcox and Mary Wood.

 

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING  were read and confirmed.  Hazel requested that a copy

of the minutes should be sent to Kath Anderson, the retired chairperson.

 

EXIT RAMPS

 

Discussion took place concerning the invoice for additional work required to make the handrail safe.  The committee felt that labour charges were excessive considering that the job was not completed safely in the first place.  It was noted that VAT was charged on the second invoice but not on the original although they relate to the same job.  It was agreed however that the committee would be prepared to pay reasonable expenses  and the Secretary was asked to send a letter to Mr Skinner stating the outcome of our discussion.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

It was agreed to contact two heating engineers to assess the situation and recommend appropriate action.

 

ALARM SYSTEM

 

It was agreed to settle the account.

 

FINANCES

 

Alliance and Leicester £1780

Cash £600

 

ANNUAL FORMS FOR CHARITABLE COMMISSION

 

Hazel reported that John had completed and returned the necessary forms.

 

KARAOKE

 

As it was not possible to obtain a licensed bar it was agreed to choose another date for this event.

 

BOOKING CLERK

 

It was agreed that the Secretary should send a letter and some flowers to Jill Andrews, the retiring booking clerk, to show our appreciation of her work during the past year.

 

COMMUNITY POLICING

 

P C Hurst had sent apologies to the Parish Clerk instead of the Secretary of the Village Hall Committee for not attending our last meeting and explained that he is not our Community Police Officer any more.  He suggested that we contact the station sergeant at Horncastle.  It was also reported that in cases of fly tipping the police need the name of the witness.  Mrs Smith had the contact details for the ASBO man which were given to Wendy to invite him to our next meeting.

 

VILLAGE HALL CHARGES

 

Discussion took place regarding payments from both groups using the hall for Bingo on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the Committee felt that both groups should pay the same amount, ie £9 for two hours.  Joan Greaves had requested a set of keys. 

 

Concerning charges for the Youth Club it was agreed to discuss arrangements with Graham as the Youth Club may be closed for the summer.

 

KITCHEN CUTLERY

 

It was thought that an inventory for cutlery did exist and that Dawn who runs the luncheon club might have more information concerning this.

 

HIRE OF TABLES

 

Lynn had received a request for the hire of four tables from the hall for the weekend of Friday 4 August to Sunday 6 August.  This was approved and it was suggested that a small donation might be appropriate.

 

CRANBERRY COMPOST

 

The Secretary reported having phoned to complain of obnoxious smells on two occasions  and Hazel informed the meeting that 24 hours notice is required if members wished to speak at the next appeals meeting.

 

SUNDRIES

 

It was reported that the exit light needed attention and also Mrs Smith stated that rubbish had been removed and nettles sprayed in the adjoining playing field area.

 

NEXT MEETING

 

It was agreed to hold the next meeting on Tuesday 12 September 2006.  Barbara and Ken Lindsay gave their apologies for absence due to being on holiday.

 

 

 

 

Back to Top

 

EASTVILLE, NEW LEAKE AND MIDVILLE VILLAGE HALL

 

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 27 June 2006 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

PRESENT

 

H Honey, K Lindsay, J Willcox, B Lindsay, W Parsons, D Lovell, L Howard, L ORourke, Mrs Smith, G Middleton, D McLaren and C McLaren.

 

RESIGNATION OF SECRETARY

 

Hazel read out the letter from Ken tending one months notice.  Wendy agreed to take over next month.

 

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING  were read, agreed and signed.

 

EXIT RAMP

 

Following additional work by Mr Skinner the ramp is now satisfactory.  The ASBO man was unable to be contacted and after two phone calls from Ken PC Hurst from Horncastle agreed to visit tonight.  When Hazel phoned Wainfleet police station the answering machine stated that this number does not take incoming calls.

 

Regarding the donation of £500 from the Parish Council towards the ramp Hazel was given a thank-you letter from Ken to be taken to the next Parish Council Meeting.

 

CENTRAL HEATING

 

This is due to be serviced by Mr Lambert.  Hazel was asked to find out what might be wrong and to obtain a written report about the system.

 

ALARM

 

The problem has been solved after a visit by an engineer.  Hazel knows about the reset button and it was thought that several power cuts had contributed to the problem.

 

FINANCES

 

John stated that in the absence of a written report he would prepare up-to-date figures for the Secretary prior to the next meeting.  Another account has been set up at Lloydstsb at Spilsby.  Hazel is now able to sign cheques after identification has been seen by bank.

 

 

ANNUAL FORMS FOR CHARITABLE COMMISSION

 

Kath and Ken will have names removed and Wendys name will need to be added.  This should be done before October.

 

KARAOKE

 

In order to raise funds it was suggested by Lorraine that she would organise a karaoke evening on a Saturday.  This suggestion was appreciated and a date needed to be booked fairly soon as the booking board seemed quite busy.  There is no charge for her services and the suggested prices were adults - £3.00, OAPS £1.50 and children £1.00.  Discussion took place at some length regarding the implications of having a licensed bar and since John preferred not to be involved it was suggested that Trevor at the Duke of Wellington might be able to help.

 

BOOKING CLERK

 

As Gill will be leaving shortly there will be a vacancy for this position.  Carol was willing to take this on.  This was proposed by John and seconded by Hazel.  Carol agreed to contact Gill as soon as possible.

 

OTHER BUSINESS

 

Ken agreed to hand over paperwork to Wendy.  Old files could be stored in the cupboard behind the bar which needs tidying up and sorting out.

 

Ken also apologised to Mrs Smith  regarding the fact that PC Hurst had not turned up.  Several members of the committee were willing to try to contact ASBO or the police.  It was suggested that Julia Pears might be able to help.

 

Saturday 29 July was found to be a possible date for the Karaoke to be held from

 8-11 pm.

 

Mrs Smith reported that fly tipping was occurring in the Playing Field and Dennis mentioned that more tiles had been dumped on the Monday night after the country fair.

 

John reported that keys are required by Joan for bingo on Tuesday afternoon.  This is going to  be a regular fortnightly session and should involve payment of the usual rent towards the upkeep of the hall.

 

NEXT MEETING - Tuesday 1 August at 7.30 pm. 

 

There being no further business the  meeting was closed and apologies for absence were received from John for the next meeting.

Back to Top