- First action was to get the school children to produce
posters to be distributed around the parish, advertising an event to be
held at the village hall explaining the idea behind the village plan.
- Research groups, associations and clubs within the parish,
contact the heads of each of these with a direct mail letter inviting them
specifically to attend the open village meeting.
- Advertisement placed in local press.
- Was to have the open village meeting at the village hall.
This led to a second formal meeting at which a committee group was formed
and a steering committee consisting of most of the representatives
directly written to. Ideas were put forward for the areas that might
appear in the questionnaire.
- 11th Feb A meeting was held where a
representative of the grant organisation came a long and gave a further
talk and guidance.
- 12th Feb A committee meeting was held to
formalise the action plan and costings.
- 18th Feb A full meeting to approve the
action plan and costings.
- 7th Apr A direct mailing of a mini
questionnaire/flyer with a £25 draw entry for all of those returned. The
flyer to represent two entries, one under 16s and one over 16s. All to
have an equal chance in the draw.
- 14th Apr The draw to be held at an open
public meeting with free, tea, cakes and other refreshments. Tables to be
laid to encourage small groups for discussion purpose, each table to
contain suggestion box, draft sections from the proposed main
questionnaire. Further talk and open discussions to be held prior to the
- 28th Apr Main questionnaire to be sent
out in A4 envelopes with Village Plan Logo. There will be a two week
- Starting 12th May Collation of the
returned information in a specially written database.
- Oct Publication of the Plan in thermal binders for
those that need a paper copy. Otherwise it will be permanently available
on the village website which acts as a notice board for the Parish Council
and all of the village groups that want a presence. A completion event will
also be held so that the village is aware of the results and have an
opportunity to comment and ask further questions.